This is not just for your kids, this is great for you too. I bet this would rock with this dip. We ate these the other night and I was waiting for my feisty 2 year old to say ‘this yucky’ (his favorite saying) , but he ate them all in silence. THAT is worth a million bucks.
1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup rice milk
1 egg white
1/3 cup sliced almonds (for even better flavor, toast them first)
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt & a dash
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Toast two pieces of whole wheat bread into the toasted on the medium setting and toast. Remove and allow to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare baking sheet by placing cooling rack on top of it.
3. Combine egg white and rice milk in a bowl and mix well. Add a dash of salt.
4. Cut chicken into tenders/strips
5. Chop toast into small squares and place into food processor with the almonds and oats. Pulse to combine, pour into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
6. In assembly line fashion, dip chicken into milk/egg mixture, then dredge into breading, coating evenly and placing onto cooling rack.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.