Ding-dang…I slacked on getting the recipe to you and I have been scolded so here you go and please, modify to your tastes–more heat, more juice (add a bit of o.o.) etc.
2-3 ripe, organic tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 red onion, finely diced
1/2 red or green bell pepper, diced
½ jalapeno, minced, no seeds unless you want extra heat
4 tablespoons fresh cilantro
Juice of one lime
1 cup corn kernels–fresh, if possible or a cup frozen, thaw first.
salt and pepper to taste BUT remember, chips/pretzels etc have salt.
1. Chop all of the ingredients above.
2. Place 1/2 the tomatoes into a food processor (I have a mini chopper) along with the jalapeno, cilantro, 1/2 garlic, and lime juice. Pulse until well mixed and some of the juice from the tomatoes has mixed with the lime juice.
3. Pour into a bowl, add the remaining ingredients, mix well. Season lightly.
4. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, overnight is even better, adjust seasoning.
5. Enjoy as is or create the best dip ever! Serve with some baked tortilla chips, whole wheat baguettes or pretzels crisps.