While wandering through the grocery store, my daughter gasped and I spotted the object of her excitement – the large display of Peeps! We admired the pastel selection of bunnies and chicks and since we do eat healthy most of the time, we felt no guilt as we ripped that package open and bit the heads off two of those little sacks of sugar. And then, the light bulb went off and a contest was born! Easter is coming, and what is the one item that instantly pops into your head when you think “Easter basket”? No, after the chocolate bunny. Yes, Peeps! Let’s have a contest where you all create a drink, meal, snack etc. and somehow, in some way, incorporate a peep. They are not an actual ingredient in the drink/dish but instead maybe they are they helping you prepare your dish? An honored guest for a dinner party? Is the peep nibbling the peas? Hiding in the photo ready to invade? To further motivate you and your creative genius, this time I am giving a prize: A copy of the book “Best of the Best: the best recipes from the 25 best cookbooks of the year”. How will the winner be choosen? After I post the submissions, I will let all of you vote!
Can you believe this guy tried to invade my healthy tortellini soup?
1. Somehow incorporate a Peep (any variation in animal or color) into a post of any healthy drink or food or related event and create a blog post about it until the midnight, April 5th. Any previous blog posts you have where you’ve shown or utilized peeps is permitted.
2. Blog about your creation, including photos/videos and add a link back to my blog within your blog post; Savor The Thyme (http://savorthethyme.blogspot.com/).
3. Send an email titled ‘Feed the Peep’ with the following information to email@example.com
o Your name
o The name of your blog
o The name of dish/drink
o Attach the photo with a maximum size of 350 x 350 pixels
o The link to your event entry/post by midnight April 5th, 2009.
o You can participate even if you don’t have a food blog or any blog at all. Non-bloggers can email the above information (sans blog details) and we’ll include it in the round up.
4. Please keep it clean! Appropriate humor is always welcome.
5. All entries will all be posted on Monday, April 6th and voting will then commence.