Since the frozen shrimp were on sale yesterday, I picked some up and knew immediately that I was going to use the Saucy Mama Chipotle Lime Marinade. When I got home and told my hubby what I had planned, he asked if I could wrap it in bacon. I told him that I could do better than that, so I went to the store today and picked up a few super thin slices of Parma Prosciutto.
I also had planned on grilling the shrimp however, Tropical Storm Danny caused me to wimp out and use the oven. I am glad I did as I can now share it as a year-round recipe.
16 shrimp (21-25 raw), remember to keep the tail on (I forgot)
3 Tablespoons Saucy Mama lime chipotle marinade
8 slices thin Prosciutto di Parma
12 cherry tomatoes
4 Skewers (I had metal but can also use wooden but soak them first)
1. Place thawed shrimp and sauce into a bag, mix well and marinade for 5 hours (or whatever time you have)
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
3. Place a slice of the prosciutto flat on the cutting board and cut in half lengthwise.
4. Wrap each piece of shrimp with one half slice of the prosciutto and thread onto the skewer. Repeat for 4 pieces per skewer placing a tomato between each shrimp.
5. Place a baking rack into a baking sheet (my trick for crispiness and even cooking) and place the 4 skewers on the rack. Bake for 5 minutes, flip the skewer over carefully and bake 5 more minutes. If you want you prosciutto even crispier, then broil for 1 minute each side but do not overcook the shrimp.
What did you say? You want some of this marinade also? No problem because I am giving 2 bottles away. To enter for a chance to win, you are required to do four things (make sure you leave a separate comment for each of your entries).
Note: Entries that do not follow all of these requirements will not be considered. U.S. Only. Contest ends Monday, September 7th.
1. Become a fan of the Savor the Thyme Facebook page. I know it needs work but join in!
2. Follow Savor the Thyme (see right sidebar).
3. Follow @savorthethyme on Twitter.
4. Post these messages on Facebook and/or on Twitter and leave comments here, linking to your messages:
GIVEAWAY! Enter for a chance to win a @savorthethyme (2 winners) http://is.gd/2IkgR PLS RT