Crock Pot (Slow Cooker) Pulled Pork
My husband and kids love pulled pork sandwiches so I tossed this together yesterday at 9 am and it was done at 5 pm. I also have plenty left to freeze or per husbands request, make a pulled pork chili. Hum….
Ingredients for Dry Rub:
1 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3.5-pound boneless pork Boston butt
1 cup light beer or low sodium chicken broth
Sauce for 4 servings
· 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
· 3 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
· 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
· 1.5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
· ¼ cup Ketchup
· 1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Mix all the dry ingredients from brown sugar to pepper in a small bowl. Trim excess fat from the pork.
2. Place the crock pot on low for 8 hours. Rub the pork with the dry rub and place into the crock pot, add the beer/broth and cover.
3. You may wish to ‘baste’ with the beer/broth every few hours but it is not necessary.
4. Once the pork is ready, remove it from the crock pot and allow to cool while you make the sauce.
5. To prepare the sauce: mix all ingredients in a pot and boil gently, while mixing, for about 4-5 minutes and set aside. Pull enough pork apart for 4, mix with the sauce and serve on the rolls.