Back in January, Foodbuzz introduced a new section they were planning called Family Bites and offered us an opportunity to compete to be featured. Each of us needed to create a number of recipes using products from Newman’s Own and guess what? I was choosen to be featured this week. I hope you love the recipes as much as we do. Today, I am sharing Chicken Cacciatore Triangles (aka chicken calzones).
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/3 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/ teaspoon ground pepper
2 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
½ cup Newman’s Own Sockarooni Sauce
1 13.8 ounce Pizza Crust
1 teaspoon water
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Cut chicken into small chunks and add to pan. Sprinkle with oregano and cook about 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring often.
3. Turn heat to medium low and add cream cheese and Parmesan and stir until melted. Add the Sockarooni sauce, stir well and turn off the heat.
4. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to the size of 20 x 12 inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle down the center lengthwise and then each side into 4 squares. This results in 8 squares.
5. Make the egg wash by mixing the egg and water well with a fork
6. Scoop about 1.5 heaping tablespoons onto each square. Lightly brush egg wash over each edge and fold one corner to the opposite in a diagonal way to create a triangle.
7. Crimp the edges with a fork, lightly brush the triangle with egg wash and sprinkle cheese all over.
8. Bake for approximately 17 minutes. Serve with a side of Sockarooni sauce if you wish.
To see the rest of the recipes, go to Family Bites.