Back a number of months ago, I was offered a swimsuit to review. I was feeling a bit insecure about it but figured that the suit looked amazing online and that I needed to face the fear and go for it.
So, I requested the black suit (safe choice right?) and guess what? I Love the GiGi Swimsuit! I really do. Why?
1. The Material: It is not a flimsy thin suit that will stretch out within one season.
2. The Rushing: the rushing on the sides does exactly what the creator, Gillian Gabriel said it would do: hold you in and make you look slimmer. It helps hide the mommy belly and makes you feel firm and fit (well, that is what it does for me).
3. SPF 50 is a necessity and the material has it.
4. The suit also follows through with the other claims: minimizes back fat, flatters your chest with the halter design, the 4-way stretch makes you look lean and tall, and the material feels yummy .
5. Excellent sizing recommendations: They tell you that the torso measurement is key to selecting the correct size suit so be sure to follow that because I would have gotten a suit too small if I ignored that recommendation.
6. Bottom Line: I think this suit would look nice on any figure.
And now for the cons:
1. The black color ran a bit even after numerous hand washings however, I have only washed it on its’ own so I have no idea if the coloring would damage any other clothing. Also, even thought the color has run some it has lessened after each wash and the color does not look faded.
2. If you are very modest, than you will be watching the top quite a bit as it plunges. However, it is quite flattering to the chest. I have learned that the top does not move easily and that I do not need to worry about ‘falling out’.
I am proud to own the GiGi and love how I look in it. I think I need to get the pink next.
p.s. My husband also loves the GiGi suit.