Quick & Easy Semi-Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza

by Jennifer on April 1, 2011

Post image for <span id=Quick & Easy Semi-Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza" />

Did you see the size of that crack? Ouch right? Yes, a $250 boo-boo that can not be fixed with a band-aid. In case you have not caught up on the going-ons around this saloon, we have ripped up our counters, replaced lighting, removed, broke and now have a replacement the sink and purchased shiny new faucet. They are sitting in the garage waiting for their new home. Why you say?

So, after tossing a few dishes in the non-existent sink (more ouch), I decided to stop trying to ‘make’ food on make-shift counters. I stocked up on items to make some kickin’ semi-homemade meals the other day and tonight I used a luscious prepared pizza dough and leftovers to make this BBQ Chicken Pizza.

The recipe? well, um….I don’t even have a counter to put paper on here are my guesstimates:

Semi-Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza
1 prepared pizza dough shell (I used Trader Joe’s)
2-3 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce (I used Annie’s organic)
1/2 cup chicken breasts (organic), chopped
2 Tablespoons red onion, minced
1 teaspoon Parsley, minced
1/3-1/2 cup of part skim mozzarella
Plus some shredded Parmesan for good measure

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to temperature specified on pizza shell packaging.

2. Spread the BBQ sauce evenly, top with all of the ingredients.

3. Bake for at least as long as the instructions specify and maybe a few more minutes so you are not eating semi-warm chicken.

Who is bringing dinner tomorrow night?

Cookin' Canuck April 1, 2011 at 7:46 pm

It sounds as though things are busy in your household, and yet you still manage to turn out beautiful recipes like this one.

DCBrit April 1, 2011 at 7:55 pm

This is great, I’ll be passing this along to MrsDCBrit, he’ll enjoy making this. Thanks for posting!

Jennifer April 1, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Dara – please move nearby so we can be close and be the bestest of neighbors eva!

Renee (kudos kitchen) April 1, 2011 at 10:19 pm

In a pinch, I make something very similar to this and my family is always delighted when I do. There is a lot to be said for taking help from prepared food from time to time. I’m sure your new kitchen will be a wonderful place for you to cook in. Enjoy the process!

Maria April 2, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Looks like a tasty pizza to me!

Cindy April 2, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Glad to see I’m not the only one with CPK BBQ Chicken cravings. I love this stuff!
Lucky for you it’s getting warm out. I love your recipe for chicken and pineapple kebabs with balsamic. Hello summer!

Shaina April 3, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Good luck with the remodel! I can’t wait to see the finished product.

Tickled Red April 3, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I can’t wait to see the remodel when you are all done. At least you’re still eating well darlin’ :) Great recipe!

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen April 4, 2011 at 2:14 am

Yes, I’m wondering like Shari is how you still manage to eat this well while you are remodeling? I’m impressed.

Jennifer April 4, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I will always find a way to eat and using up leftovers means I get to do more shopping and creating. ;)

patsy April 13, 2011 at 8:16 am

You are eating much better than I think we would be… I think the grill would be my only cooking friend during a remodel like that! The pizza looks fantastic… I’d love a slice!