If memory serves correctly, the true bonding moment between Aggie and myself was via twitter. I seem to recall tossing out my crazy obsession with Black Eyed Peas music and commenting how a particular song gives me energy.
Aggie tweeted back that the song was on her iPod and she ran with it playing every day. Since then we tweet about food, fun and lots of cool dance tunes.
I think we may hold the first ever ‘Bloggers Who Cook in the Kitchen and on the Dance Floor’ Conference. Would you come?
Without further ado, 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me with Aggie of Aggie’s Kitchen:
1. I’m a free spirited perfectionist. I drive myself crazy
2. I love video games (though due to obvious lack of time I don’t play anymore). I spent lots of time as a child at the Jiffy Store next door to my parent’s restaurant with a roll of quarters making sure that I maintained high score status on Ms. Pacman. I dream about having my own table top Ms. Pacman/Galaga gamer one day in my home. I may or may not have been addicted to The Sims shortly before my first born came into this world.
3. I’m part fish – I swam on the swim team all through middle and high school. I swam a mile a day several times a week during both my pregnancies. Being in the water makes me happy.
4. Because I’m part fish (& competitive) I got back into swimming as an adult and raced in two sprint triathlons the past few years.
5. After I burned out on training for tri’s I decided I wanted to run. I’ve never been a fan of running but after experiencing that first runner’s high I got hooked. I ran a half marathon last December. I can barely run a mile today. Oof.
6. I spoke Italian before I spoke English. My parents & grandparents moved here from Sicily before I was born, and my family spoke mostly Italian in our home until I started school. Regretfully, I can’t speak Italian anymore (but I still understand my family’s dialect).
7. I like to play cards. I played Italian card games with my grandma and aunt from as young as I can remember, as well as American card games. Now as a grown up I will sit down at a poker table full of men and feel confident that I can take their chips (or money). I have been known to tag along with my husband to play in poker tournaments. It’s been a while though, I’m a little rusty.
8. I don’t remember ever actually being taught how to cook. I learned unknowingly, by watching my parents (and grandparents) cook every single day, every single meal, at home and at our family restaurant. I have been hanging out in restaurant kitchens since I was 4 years old.
9. I’m happiest when I’m barefoot.
10. I was an ambitious & driven girl when I graduated from college. I dreamed of being a CEO one day and was on the career path to climb the corporate ladder. I worked a little over 3 years in corporate America and decided, no thanks. Who knew?
Be sure to stop by Aggie’s Kitchen and tell Aggie that I sent you!