When I attended Blogher Food in past May, I was super excited for a session titled ‘Branding Ain’t Just for Cattle: Set Yourself Apart from the Herd’. The panelists included Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan and Melissa Clark.
I kinda sorta spent most the time in my seat fidgeting and staring at the panelists. I was afraid my stalkerish stares would get me kicked out but when I took a second to look around, I saw everyone else had the same stare. Everyone except my roomie, Diane who was mocking me a bit with her text messages.
Apparently my staring I did not scare off Melissa Clark with as she was willing to partake in this series.
Without further ado, Ms. Melissa Clark….
1. Even as a child, I loved chicken feet off the dim sum trolley.
2. As kids, my sister and I used to take turns sitting on top of the dictionary that flattened my mother’s pan bagnat. Otherwise it was too thick to fit in our mouths!
3. Looking back, I believe I agreed to marry my first husband because of our shared love of sucking on shrimp heads. It didn’t last. (Our marriage, I mean. I still love sucking on shrimp heads.)
4. I took recorder lessons for six years. Yes, they do give lessons for the recorder.
5. I was conceived in Southern France….in an artichoke-shaped bathtub (TMI, Mom? Why do I know this???)
6. I named my hamster J. Noble Daggett, after the dependable lawyer from True Grit (John Wayne version, of course).
7. Our parents used to tell us, “If it tastes like chicken, it must be chicken.” But you know what? It usually wasn’t chicken.
8. I am one of the few people who can truthfully say I’ve lost weight while testing a cookbook. Of course, the cookbook was The Skinny: How to Fit Into Your LIttle Black Dress Forever, but still.
9. Getting up with my daughter at 5:30 in the morning is actually my favorite part of the day. I’m always to happy to see her again.
10. Besides my daughter and my husband, my greatest joy is eating raw dough, homemade puff pastry preferred.
Be sure to stop by Melissa Clarks’s blog and tell Melissa I sent you!