Nutella & Apple Panini on Cinnamon Raisin Bread Sandwich

by Jennifer on September 28, 2011

Post image for Nutella & Apple Panini on Cinnamon Raisin Bread Sandwich

According to the Dictionary, this sandwich can be characterized as ‘naughty’, meaning mildly sinful. It is a perfect word for this sandwich. It was that good.

As I stared at the Udi’s Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread today I was brainstorming for a unique recipe that was more breakfast driven. I thought cream cheese. Cream cheese and apples. Then I thought: ‘Jen, think outside the box’.

Then I realized that nibbling on Cinnamon Raisin Bread made me also feel like I was having dessert. So, what would be a great breakfasty-desserty combination?

Shazam! Nutella & Apple.

The Udi’s Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread came into my possession, along with other amazing Udi’s gluten free products, when they asked if I would give them a try. I had been wanting to try Udi’s but hadn’t since we don’t need to eat gluten free products.

I am now a certifiable Udi’s fan. So far I have devoured the lemon streusel muffins (well, the one I got from the kids) and I had a bagel this morning that was beyond. Just beyond.

Nutella & Apple Panini on Cinnamon Raisin Bread (1 sandwich)
Ingredients:
2 slices of Udi’s Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread
1-2 Tablespoons of Nutella spread
1/2 organic apple, sliced (I used golden delicious)

Directions:
1. Turn on your panini press/indoor grill

2. Spead the nutella on one slice of bread and top with apples slices.

3. Heat on panini and devour.

Have you tried Udi’s products? Which are your favorites?

Disclosure: I was provided with the Udi’s products to sample and compensated for my time.

Evan Thomas September 28, 2011 at 9:50 pm

It sounds like every time I hear a review of Udi’s it’s a positive one. I really should try them some day. I’ve gotten pretty use to cutting bread products out of my life completely so I don’t really crave the gluten-free versions but I have to admit a good buttery slice of cinnamon raisin bread would be welcomed always.

Georgia Pellegrini September 29, 2011 at 12:34 am

I have never heard of Udi’s at all, but I have now! The sandwich looks excellent.

Lisa {With Style and Grace} September 29, 2011 at 3:40 am

Isn’t Udi’s the best?! It’s the only bread we [my husband & I] eat. I love the combo of the apple and nutella – I definitely need to make this a-sap!

Chris @ TheKeenanCookBook September 29, 2011 at 8:08 am

This looks like a fun little sandwich. Loving that its gluten free – my Dad has gluten allergy so I try to come up with new things for him to try.

sarah rioux September 29, 2011 at 8:44 am

We have family friends who have to eat gluten free. Udi’s has literally changed their lives!

Robin September 29, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I love Udi’s products!

Cathy Burgess September 29, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I am so happy to have found Udi’s Whole Grain G-free Bread!

Peggy Foster September 29, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Where can I find Udi’s breads?

Jennifer September 29, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Hi Peggy – go to their website and use the store locator: http://udisglutenfree.com/

Candy September 29, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I love Udi’s products – they are the best I’ve found so far. I missed bagels the most and Udi’s bagels are wonderful and their muffins are really good too. The only brand I’ve found to even rival them is the Whole Foods Gluten Free products (sundried tomato and roasted garlic bread is the bomb)

Jeanette O. September 29, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Udi’s is the best glfr bread and bagels I have found so far in my search for glfr products.

becca October 1, 2011 at 11:31 am

We are big fans of nutella in our household and have made versions of this for breakfast and lunch! But i am tempted to do a cheddar apple panini, mmmmmmmm

Sara B July 11, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I love all of the Udi’s products I have tried so far, especially the cinnamon raisin bread and the white sandwich bread. Thanks for the recipe idea! :)

Paulette Harrigan July 12, 2012 at 8:22 am

I have been using UDI PRODUCTS SINCE 3 MONTHS I HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK IT IS SO GOOD AND SPECIALLY FOR ME BEING CELIAC THANKS TO UDI I WILL ALWAYS BE GREATFUL

Calogero July 17, 2012 at 10:50 am

I like it.

Emily September 6, 2012 at 8:26 am

We just found out 5 months ago that my teen age daughter is gluten intolerant. She LIVED on bagels and pasta! The transition to a gluten free lifestyle was very difficult for her. But UDI’S really saved her!!! Their bread is wonderful! It’s the only bread she will eat! The bagels are also very, very good. And now we have just discovered the pizza! Yay! She is still a picky eater, but this sandwich looks SO GOOD! We will try it!

Jennifer September 6, 2012 at 10:55 am

I am so happy to hear that you have worked your way through this struggle and are finding foods she loves and can tolerate. Good job Emily & Udi’s!