My son is obsessed with two flavors: Peppermint and Peanut Butter. Although it is the time of year that you will find Peppermint Bark recipes like they are going out of style, I decided to make a Peanut Butter bark that will turn heads.
You read that correctly as when the gift recipient bellows ‘Wow, a peanut butter bark!’, heads are going to turn and you may be carried into the kitchen to make more for everyone.
Don’t worry, no one will open your gift while you are away. I hope.
Peanut Butter & White Chocolate Bark with Brown Rice Cereal (Yield = varies)
3 cups quality organic semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Erewhon brown rice cereal
3 cups quality organic white chocolate chips
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
Clear sugar sprinkles, optional
1. Line a standard baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Mix well and repeat in 30 second increments until melted.
3. Add in the cereal and mix gently to coat. Pour the chocolate mixture evenly about the wax paper….you decide on the thickness.
4. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, place the white chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Mix well and repeat in 30 second increments until melted.
6. Place the peanut butter in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds on low. Mix well and then gently fold into the white chocolate but only for 3-4 folds as you do not want them completely mixed together. Top with clear sugar sprinkles if you wish (of course you do!)
7. Remove the baking sheet from the freezer and spread the peanut butter mixture on top and place the sheet back into the freezer for a few hours.
8. Remove the sheet from the freezer and snap the bark into pieces.
Want more bark? I can’t blame you! How about a White Chocolate with Pretzels?!
p.s. After I published this, I found a contest utilizing the erewhon brown rice cereal, so I entered this recipe….The contest rules state that I have to post the following statement so here it goes ‘“All statements about Attune Foods, its products, or the Cooking Challenges Recipe Contest are my own. This post is part of- and made as a condition to- my entry in the Attune Foods Cooking Challenges Recipe Contest.’