Quinoa & Egg Breakfast Wrap

by Jennifer on February 26, 2012

Post image for <span id=Quinoa & Egg Breakfast Wrap" />

I really really wanted to call this a burrito however, the strict definition states that it needs to have a filing of meat, beans or cheese and since this recipe contains none of those, we will stick with ‘wrap’. Bummer.

I made this wrap after my newly slimmed down hubby came home from a late morning workout. I wanted to make him a protein packed meal he could grab and take right up to the office.

Ready for the super simple recipe? To assemble I simply scrambled an egg, grabbed a whole grain wrap, placed the eggs, some salsa, baby spinach, tossed on some leftover Quinoa Pilaf and Voila, an quinoa & egg breakfast wrap.

What is your healthy go-to breakfast?

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes February 26, 2012 at 11:43 am

This is really cool. I never would have thought to put quinoa in a wrap. My healthy go-to breakfast is spinach pancakes. I can’t live without them.

She Rocks Fitness February 26, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Love this idea! So simple, easy, nutritious, and a great way to use leftover quinoa. I love breakfast, so I’m always happy as long as it has a heaping tablespoon of any sort of nut butter. :)

Shana D February 26, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I never would have thought to put quinoa in a wrap. Looks delicious

Ilan (IronWhisk Blog) February 26, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Wow! Awesomely delicious looking.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 27, 2012 at 7:34 am

It’s official I’m going to make quinoa. I have a box sitting there waiting for a use. Your breakfast sandwich looks amazing!! Yum! You inspired me to make a wrap this morning for breakfast!

Lara DiPaolamomma February 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I LOVE quinoa!

Lisa February 28, 2012 at 5:50 pm

I am so excited to find this. Our go-to healthy bfast is of the quinoa variety, too! I regularly make quinoa porridge but I love the idea of a savory quinoa bfast option. Thanks for this!

Living The Sweet Life March 2, 2012 at 2:07 pm

yumm… I’m such a fan of quinoa, never have I thought about adding it to a wrap … but I sure will now!!