Baked Kale Chips Recipe with Garlic, Onion & Parsley

by Jennifer on March 16, 2012

Post image for Baked Kale Chips Recipe with Garlic, Onion & Parsley

I sent out a tweet-apology yesterday. The tweet said ‘To all of you I may have rolled my eyes at while professing your love of Kale Chips: I apologize – they are amazing!’

I decided after making the Chorzio & Kale Stew the other day, that I was going to use the remaining Kale to make Kale Chips. They have been all the rage for the past year so I decided to bite the bullet and make some.

Once again, I used my husband’s heritage for inspiration and made a Portuguese inspired version using garlic powder, onion powder and fresh parsley.

You HAVE to try these, promise me you will……come on………you will thank me big time. Plus, you have to make these as your green food for St. Patrick’s Day!

Amazing right?!

Be sure to spread the kale leaves out evenly for the best crisp-a-bility.

kellypea March 16, 2012 at 11:02 am

Yes, they are! I’ve still not made them myself, but have enjoyed some from the farmer’s market. Addicting! Looks like I have to try this recipe.

Whitney - MWS March 16, 2012 at 11:24 am

Delish! You know I love Kale Chips! I can’t eat garlic but maybe I’ll try this with the rest of your ingredients. I literally just roast mine with olive oil and sea salt… so good.

Donna March 16, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I fried kale in coconut oil and they were fantastic so I look forward to trying a baked version. I may still use coconut oil instead of olive oil though since coconut oil is very healthy for you too.

Marnely Rodriguez March 16, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I definitely need to make them as well! Have never tried them!

Shana D March 21, 2012 at 9:42 am

I’ve never tried kale. I’ve always been a wee bit scared but man do you make them look good.

Lillie June 12, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I just popped these in the oven and the kitchen smells amazing! I can’t wait to try them. :)