Baked Potato Chip Buffalo Chicken Nachos & The Almost Broken Nose

by Jennifer on March 5, 2012

Post image for Baked Potato Chip Buffalo Chicken Nachos & The Almost Broken Nose

I almost had my nose broken on Sunday. That statement in itself is not unique but when you add ‘by a roll of duct tape’ to the statement, it becomes a bit more interesting.

Our daughter has been waiting for us to repaint and makeover her bedroom for two months so we woke up yesterday deciding today was the day and by 9 am, her room was empty and waiting. While my husband and daughter were off buying the paint, I decided to surprise them by having the room all taped up and ready to be painted when they got home.

Not knowing that scissors and large roll of duct tape had been placed on the top of the ladder, I picked it up to move it into the desired location. That is when the wind was knocked out of me: The scissors fell to land with a large thud on my chest followed by the huge slug on my nose by a roll of duct tape. I fell to the floor in pain, quickly assessed that the scissors did not enter my chest wall but felt as if my nose was broken.

Following an extended session of crying and hugs from our son, I accepted that my nose was not broken however, my glasses had been ‘altered’. I should add that once my son saw the I was alright he stated: ‘Mom, don’t say a bad word because you won’t get a Christmas present from Santa’.  That made me laugh.

After an early visit to the eye doctors this morning, my glasses are no longer eschew. I promise to share photos of the room once completed.

Remember the last time I made baked potato chip nachos? oh, you should. This time, we went Buffalo!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel March 5, 2012 at 11:13 am

Yikes!! I’m so glad you’re okay! And I totally want potato nachos now -yum!!

nicole @ I am a Honey Bee March 5, 2012 at 11:33 am

glad your nose is not broken! So scary!
Your son cracks me up!

I love chips for nachos. Went to a place that was doing St patty’s themed one and used a guiness based cheese sauce on them- so good. Potato chip nachos are always amazing.

Sarah March 5, 2012 at 11:35 am

Yikes, being wacked in the face by duck tape is no fun. Hope no more surprises raining on you. The nachos look great and the tablecloth with the ants are cute.

cassie March 5, 2012 at 11:37 am

This is stinking brilliant in so many ways. My husband will flip over these!

Aggie March 5, 2012 at 12:16 pm

OUCH!!!!! I’m cringing in pain for you.

On the other hand, this dish is outrageous. I love homemade potato chips, and buffalo anything. Looks so delicious Jen!

Stefanie @TheNewHealthy March 5, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Ah, glad your nose isn’t broken! These chips sound amazing. They remind me of these homemade bleu cheese chips that I get a restaurant near me. A must try. :)

Kelly {the Centsible Life} March 5, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Oof! Glad you are ok!

These look delicious. Totally making them this week!

jean (Lemons and Anchovies) March 5, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Oh, my gosh! I’m glad you’re okay. I’ve had my nose broken before and it’s not pretty!

Love this dish! :)

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen March 5, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Glad your nose isn’t broken! It will feel better when it quits hurting! That’s what they tell me anyway! Your nachos look spectacular!

dawn March 5, 2012 at 9:58 pm

good lord i hate when that happens.
but i love your recipe!! sounds gluten free too.
thanks
btw, is your pretty face ok?? no scratches?? bruising?

Jennifer March 6, 2012 at 5:33 am

Hi sweetness!! less than three weeks until we get to eat baked potato chip nachos!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 6, 2012 at 9:19 am

Oh no, I am glad your ok. The nachos looks amazing!!!!