Each Summer we head to New Hampshire and each year I get more adept at knowing what we must have every single time we travel. Some of our must-have’s might be obvious for any family but others may not.
These are in no particular order. Wait, that is not true. They are listed in the order that they popped into my head.
1. Rainy day Activities: Besides always booking to stay where there is an indoor pool, we also bring along face painting and games. This year I picked out two new games: Rory’s Story Cubes and Melissa & Doug’s Traveling Hangman. You can also play these in the car (although you need to flat stable surface for Rory’s Story Cubes)
2. Cortisone Cream & Mosquito Repellant: While vacationing and during the Summer in general, there are later evenings, which means mosquitoes or even needing the cream for overly dry skin from too much pool time.
3. Surprises: See #2
4. Culturelle Probiotics: Why you may ask? Do not tell my son that I ever shared this but he had plenty of trouble with his bowels when he was younger and so we used the packets then but now he (as well as his sister) use the chewables. Well, I have found that whenever we travel for more than a few days, he has trouble with his belly and bowels so they are always packed. Always.
I am comfortable giving Culturelle to our kids because it contains Lactobacillus GG, one of the most scientifically studied probiotic strains for digestive health and immune support. Lactobacillus GG helps restore the natural balance of good bacteria in the digestive tract to help alleviate occasional digestive distress (I can say that because that is what it says on the package, not just because I am smart).
4. A cooler full of healthy foods, snacks and drinks: I usually plan to make many of our meals but every mom knows you must have the backpack full of snacks or you will have a veryyyyyy longggggggggg day.
5. DVD player: Bring favorites or never before scene movies that you borrowed from friends or the library.
6. Books: Whether paper, audio or for your Kindle, get some new ones that will keep them engaged for hours. I always bring a favorite bedtime story to help them relax in unfamiliar surroundings.
Hope you have had a great Summer and Happy Travels!
Disclosure: We are a family that uses Culturelle so when I was asked if I would like to be paid to share my thoughts on Culturelle with you, I said Yes’em.