by Jennifer on September 1, 2012

Post image for <span id=Potato Gnocchi & Mozzarella in Marinara: Would you call it Linner, Dinner #1 or Dinner #2?" />

I heard your back to school calls for help. Your exasperated sighs. The shrieks of ‘What am I going to feed the kids between their homework and soccer?!’

Forget fretting, I am here for you. My friend Andrea told me that she calls this meal ‘Linner’. You know, the meal that needs to be more than a snack but not a huge meal. It needs to be quick, easy to transport and keep the kids going during soccer, dance or gymnastics.

Personally, I think that this Hard-Boiled Egg Sandwich with Spinach & Sprouts is an amazing option but I know you want more ideas and so I present Potato Gnocchi & Mozzarella.

Okay my friends, you may put away the blocks now as I have rescued you.

Would you call it Linner, Dinner #1 or Dinner #2?

Jo-Lynne from Rose Romano's September 1, 2012 at 2:03 pm

That looks good! Bet it would be delicious with Rose Romano’s as the marinara! ;-)

Sarah @mamasarahjane September 1, 2012 at 2:04 pm

That looks so good! My boys aren’t really old enough to need a ‘Linner’ but I think we will all really enjoy this.

melissa September 1, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I think I would call it LINNER. Not lunch, not dinner, something in between. That looks delish!!

Jennifer September 1, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I DID use the Rose Romano’s – can’t you tell Jo-Lynne?

Barbara | Creative Culinary September 1, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I think I would just call it good!

Reminded me of growing up with brothers…eating machines. My mom would fix them a sandwich after school and then at dinner she served them first so that she could put a second helping on their plate before she sat down to eat. Funny how food brings back such memories.

Lora @ Crazy Running Girl September 1, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Love Linner!! Looks so good!

Stephanie Kay September 1, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Looks delicious! We just call it a snack. ;)

christieo September 1, 2012 at 8:17 pm

mmmm ohmigoodness this is perfect for that tween time!! Thanks, totally pinning and making!

Sarah B September 1, 2012 at 11:46 pm

To me “Linner” is when its too late to have lunch, but too early for dinner. I’m not sure what I’d call this, but it looks amazing and I’d like you to make it for me!

Jennifer Drummond September 2, 2012 at 7:42 am

Ohhh this looks so yummy! I love sweet potatoes! This recipe is perfect!

I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. You can check it out here. Have a great day!