My husband is famous for his balls.
He makes them every year.
He takes this task and their quality seriously.
In fact, he insists on taste testing each batch. Sometimes he says he feels a bit dizzy after taste testing each batch. Odd eh?
These are no bake balls so no worries if you are not one for baking.
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
1 cup finely chopped pecans
2 cups confectioners sugar sifted, plus extra for rolling and dusting
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup quality bourbon
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
Confectioner’s sugar, sifted
1. Thoroughly combine the wafer crumbs, chopped pecans, 1 cup confectioners sugar and cocoa in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, blend the bourbon and corn syrup. Stir the bourbon mixture into the dry mixture.
3. Cover and chill for a few hours to overnight. Spread about a 1/2 cup of the confectioner’s sugar over a cookie sheet.
4. Using your hands, shape balls with about 2 tablespoons of dough and then roll them in the confectioners sugar and set aside.
5. Store them in the refrigerator for a few days to enhance the flavor if you wish. Dust with confectioners sugar before presenting or serving.