A Day In The Life: Trigger Points, People Magazine and Mac & Cheese

by Jennifer on January 14, 2013

daylife3

I have not talked too much about my health lately however, I have mentioned my neck is still bothering me from the car accident. Well, I am now under the care of a specialist who wanted me to try trigger point injections.

The 10 injections in my neck were less than pleasant, but there have been some highlights to the past few days that have made me smile: My Christmas gift subscription to People Magazine started.

daylife2

Our daughter was the laundry Queen so now instead of baskets of dirty laundry, we have baskets full of clean laundry. My son ‘vacuumed’ meaning he took care of the obvious messy spots in the kitchen but was then distracted by the chair ‘train’ in the hallway. Ah, the joy of being 6.

daylife

On Sunday, I had three friends come by: One to give me a big loving hug, one to drop some items off and one to us bring a heaping dish of Mac & Cheese for dinner.

Thank You Kim #1, Kim #2 and Kristine!

Jessica @ Keeping Mommy Sane January 14, 2013 at 3:08 pm

You’re speaking my language with People magazine and mac and cheese. I think I did a happy dance when I saw Mr. Gosling on the cover. Hope you start to feel better soon!

Michele C. January 14, 2013 at 3:27 pm

ah, I saw that People magazine cover and almost grabbed it. And yes, 6 year olds definitely do a lot of “squirrel!” when they are working on something. especially cleaning… ;-)

Heather @ Kraus House Mom January 14, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I love people magazine. My cousin doesn’t believe anything until it’s in People.

candice January 14, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I saw that mac and cheese when you posted it and my mouth was watering!

Megan January 14, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Oh that mac and cheese looks divine!! :)

Sarah {Soxys Diamond} January 14, 2013 at 8:30 pm

House being cleaned, mac and cheese and magazine reading sounds like a great day to me!

Chelley Martinka January 14, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Fell better! I hope the injections begin to help. My back is killing me from being rear-ended when I was 20 weeks preggers on 95 :(

… and please frame the People. MMMM… Ryan :)

Denise January 15, 2013 at 12:08 am

I have been meaning to drop you a note – to see how you are doing. I am really bummed to still that you are still not feeling well. Rest. Enjoy People. Let others do for you!! If, I was closer, I’d bring you fresh baked Massa.

Jennifer January 15, 2013 at 8:00 am

Denise – you are truly the sweetest person and it amazes me that we have not yet met in person. I hope you are well and I owe you a huge email. XO

Kristin Wheeler (Mama Luvs Books) January 16, 2013 at 10:48 am