Now, I must state that I roasted the peppers myself but it does take some work so if you want to save some time, use the jarred. Also, if you do not like the flavor of any of these foods roasted, than do not bother with the soup.
1 head organic cauliflower (cut into florets)
3 large cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
2 large roasted red peppers
4 cups organic vegetable stock
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
½ cup 1% milk
2. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets and garlic with the olive oil, salt and pepper and place in a single layer on the baking sheet.
3. Roast until golden brown, approx. 20 minutes, place in a bowl and allow to cool while you prepare the peppers.
4. Set oven to broil and place the peppers on a baking sheet and broil until they begin to char/blacken
5. Place the peppers into a paper bag, close and set aside.
6. Now chop the garlic and cauliflower up into smaller pieces and place into a pot with the stock, add the thyme and turn burner onto medium.
7. Remove the peppers from the bag and peel off the skin. Chop and mix with the cauliflower & garlic.
8. Bring to a boil, then cover with a lid, turn the burner down to low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Place half the contents and ¼ milk into a blender (lid vented for steam) and puree. Pour into a bowl and repeat with the remaining and ¼ milk
I also wanted to share that Maria of Two Peas and Their Pod had just posted their Slow-Roasted Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper soup.