Roasted Garlic Hummus Quesadilla

by Jennifer on September 23, 2010

Post image for Roasted Garlic Hummus Quesadilla

One of the aspects of my job with Sabra Hummus is to get creative with recipes (not bad thing right?) so I decided this morning that I was going to make a sandwich.

I went to work using leftover whole chicken, a half used red pepper, some reduced fat Athenos Feta and some Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus. I simply spread some hummus on the Flatout Light Italian Wrap and topped with some thin slices of chicken. I then chopped up the red pepper (use a lot for the crunch factor) and some feta.

I then grilled it (on my press) until crispy, allowed it to cool slightly on a cooling rack and then consumed. Naturally my husband and son saw me munching and came a running.

Have you tried using hummus in grilled sandwiches? What recipes do you do most often with hummus?

Robyn Wright of Robyn's Online World September 23, 2010 at 3:18 pm

OMG – that sounds so good! I’m going to make that for sure. I love Sabra’s Roasted Garlic Hummus (but hey add more of those bits of garlic on top LOL) and I love FlatOut breads too (try the FoldIt’s). I love Sabra on sandwiches of all types as well

Jennifer September 23, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Hi Robyn and thanks for coming on by – I am actually working with flatout right now making healthy school lunch videos (on their website)and yes, the fold-its rock as well.

What are you up to these days?

SMITH BITES September 28, 2010 at 3:51 pm

This looks soooo yummy and a meal I’d definitely make! We LOVE hummus and in fact, I pack hummus regularly for The Professor’s lunch – might have to try this one!

marla {family fresh cooking} September 30, 2010 at 9:33 am

These quesadillas look amazing. What a great opportunity-to prepare recipes using one of my all time favorite ingredients-hummus!

Jo-Lynne {Musings of a Housewife} June 3, 2011 at 6:17 am

Oh gosh that sounds divine!

Maria June 3, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I love hummus on just about everything!