Last week I shared the fun at had a the Soup’s On event in Mystic and raved about the Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Stew that ended up winning the ‘Best Soup’ title that evening.
Luckily, the recipe has been shared and is only a small variation of the recipe from Epicurious. In this recipe, Coconut Oil is used instead of Vegetable Oil.
Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea stew (epicurious states makes 4 servings but could easily serve 8)
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
• 2 ½ cups chopped onions
• 5 teaspoons curry powder
• 6 cups small cauliflower florets ( from 1 medium head)
• 2 (15 ½ oz.) cans garbanzo beans (drained)
• 2 (10 oz. ) cans diced tomatoes
• 1 (14 oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk (I used a can of light coconut milk)
• ½ cup chopped cilantro