The moment I met Kristy is etched into my mind: it was in Oregon for the Egg Tour and she came bouncing over to me with a big smile and said ‘I am so happy to meet you Jennifer’.
Kristy flattered me some more with some compliments and we bonded. No, not because she was complimenting me but because I instantly knew I had met a genuine fun loving person. Since then we have kept in touch and plan on working together soon.
Without further ado, 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me with Kristy Bernardo of The Wicked Noodle:
1. My dad was raised Mennonite on a rural farm in northern Minnesota with eight siblings. They had no electricity for most of his childhood, shared toothbrushes and were so poor they had to take lard sandwiches to school for lunch. I can listen to his stories about that time of his life for hours!
2. Foie gras is the best thing I’ve ever eaten.
3. We had one cow when I was growing up. We named him “Paleface”. My sisters and I boycotted meat for an entire winter after he suddenly disappeared.
4. I once camped for two weeks all the way from Seattle to Southern California. The Oregon coast is crazy beautiful!
5. I’ve lived in Northern Virginia for almost three years, which is the longest I’ve lived anywhere since I left my parents house at eighteen. And I don’t plan on leaving anytime soon.
6. I’ve swam with dolphins in the open ocean.
7. My blogging career began because I was bored. I haven’t been bored a day since.
8. I was married in Vegas. We had exactly 21 of our closest friends and family present at the wedding and I’ve felt lucky every day since.
9. I gave up traveling to Spain for a coffee table.
10. I truly believe that a positive attitude and a strong belief in yourself is all you need to succeed in life.
Be sure to stop by The Wicked Noodle and tell Kristy that I sent you!