This past Tuesday, I headed to Trader Joe’s and did my best to resist their pouch of premixed brownies but they somehow ended up in cart.
I justified it by remembering we had some friends coming over to celebrate the start of Kindergarten.
Upon checkout, the employee said ‘I love to melt the mini peanut butter cups over my brownies’.
I practically bellowed’ What chu say?’. Followed by ‘Please go get whatever it is your are talking about.’
Love the plate? This was one of the scores from my trip to Anthropologie.
The mini peanut butter cups are making their way onto the brownies…
Melt little morsels….
Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Covered Brownies
Trader Joe’s Premade brownie mix
Trader Joe’s mini milk chocolate peanut butter cups
1. Preheat the oven to the temperature specified on the Trader Joe’s Premade brownie mix or temperature needed for your favorite brownie recipes.
2. Spray the cupcake tin with baking spray and fill 3/4 with the brownie mix.
3. Bake the brownie mix to preferred doneness (I like the cake like texture) or as specified on the brownie pouch/recipe.
4. As soon as you remove the brownies from the oven, place 3-4 mini milk chocolate peanut butter cups on top of each brownie while they are still in the pan.
5. Watch them melt and try not to drool on top of them.
p.s.: Only 2 days left to enter the Hood Cook-off Contest & Giveaway for a FREE night in Portland Maine and tickets to the cook-off.
Do you prefer your brownies gooey-chewy or with a cake-like texture?