What are YOUR goals for the New Year? Share them during the live chat TONIGHT at 9 p.m. EST Udi’s Gluten Free Community Page.
Last January, I shared goals for 2011 and thought that I would update you on the status of them seeing that the year is almost over. I am also working on my list for 2012 but already started one goal (I will share it tomorrow).
*I am good at hugging and saying I love you each day as it comes naturally to me but I strive to work on patience and always want to make sure family members feel valued: I have done well on this one!
*On a daily basis, be sure to let them know how thankful I am for each of them: my gentle, kind and sweet daughter. My strong-willed and sensitive son. My loving and laid-back husband: Done, done and to be done more as always need to work on not taking the hubby for granted.
*Sell this house: we tried but the market in our area is slower than molasses: We did our best but the market is making this one tough.
*Take one or two (fingers crossed) family vacations: First was Disney in February and then camping in June.
*Continue family game night and family movie night: I would say this occurred 90% of the time and the remaining 10% is when we all fell asleep on the couch before the movie began.
*Reach out and connect to more relatives: I am happy to say I have reconnected with a cousin and my Aunt.
*More fitness, family and lifestyle posts on my blog: Done for sure. now drop and do 20!
*An online show with at least one of my food blogging friends: Still underway
*More energy into supporting other bloggers: Done!
*Speak at least one conference -> I was asked to speak and did so at Camp Blogaway and TechMunch Boston
*Attend Mom 2.0 and Blogher Food: 1 out of 2 isn’t bad right?
*Write for at least one of my favorite food and/or family print magazines: Still trying.
*Launch new blog. I have been working on and off on a very personal blog since March but have been to chicken to publish so I will do it, this weekend seems like a good time: Done but not ready to reveal it so for now I will keep writing and let people find it organically.
*There are also a number of companies I hope to work with and will work towards those goals so that I can share my passion of families cooking and eating real food as well as relishing the every day moments. This would also enable me to remain at home with the kids and contribute to the family income however, that the money is not the focus but the message is. Yes, as have worked with Frigidaire Mom, Ziploc, Mott’s, Flatout Bread, UDI’s, Babble, JCPenney, Hood, Dole, T.J. Maxx, Mom Central, The Motherhood and more.
*Finally start my new series featuring moms, their food philosophy, relishing the family moments and whatever else I feel like asking them. Began a different series titled ’10 things you didn’t know about me’ which features food bloggers: I began ’10 things’ earlier and have yet to publish the mom series but am workgin on it.
*More Yoga and Pilates: I found that I enjoy spin and weights the most so that has been my main focus but I do enjoy Pilates.
*Participate in the Whole Living 28 Day Challenge (more in a separate post): Done
*Stick to exercising 3-5 times with increased aerobic activity and decrease body fat (hitting over 40 does make a difference.): Done but gosh, what a challenge
*Increase water consumption: Done, in fact, I will go drink some right now.
*Less coffee, more tea (this will be challenging): uhhhh….no comment.
*Strive for 7 hrs sleep a night: uhhhh….I did say ‘strive’
*Friends: Focus my energy on genuine friends. There are some people you connect with and they have your back no matter what. Then there are the people you hope and want to get to know better but are not interested in reciprocating. I need to move on from that and focus on the true relationships: Always a struggle but doing much better.
*Trust my instincts and listen to my gut: something I am always trying to achieve.