by Jennifer on May 16, 2012

Post image for <span id=CVS ExtraCare Rewards: Purse to Plate Series – Greek Inspired Chicken Breast Recipe" />

For me, the Purse to Plate series is not just about coupons, saving money or a recipe. It is also about friendship and sharing. I look forward to learning, laughing and sharing with Karen each week. Soon she will be moving to another part of RI and although I know I won’t see her each week at CVS, I know we will continue to learn, laugh and share from and with each other.

Back to savings: This week I did not purchase too much although I did score a crayola kit 75% off and used $3 in Extrabucks to buy it. However, Karen saved big this week (over $66!) and although I could create a number of recipes with that money, today I will share this Greek Inspired Chicken Breast Recipe.

Feel free to modify this based on what is on sale at your local store such as, using a different cheese, type of tomato, herb or even meat/protein.

Cost Breakdown:
Chicken $1.50 (B1G1 – $3.00 for 2 packs but froze one):
Grape tomatoes $1.50
Olives $.62
Feta  $.63
Baby Spinach $.15 (B1G1 so reduced price)
Pantry Staples: AP flour, oregano, pepper, salt, olive oil, garlic $1.00

Total = $5.40 but if you serve to 6 people = ~87 cents per person. Crrrr-azy!!!

Go to Koupon Karen’s post where she will show you how she saved over $66!

Barbara May 17, 2012 at 7:41 am

This looks so good and such a great price. Heading to the store today to get ingredients!

Jennifer May 17, 2012 at 12:15 pm

What a great price! And I love anything with feta in or on it. Can’t wait to try this.

Debra Kapellakis May 19, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I live on Santorini and this looks VERY Greek and YUMMY!

Naomi V. October 3, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Okay-just made this for my family and it was such a hit!! Easy to follow recipe and SO yummy! I found the link for this on pinterest and will definitely be trying some more of your recipes! Thanks for sharing!!!

Jennifer October 3, 2012 at 7:54 pm

You made my day Naomi! Thank you for not only trying the recipe but for taking the time to share the results!

Corinne October 6, 2012 at 8:59 am

Saw this on pinterest. Looks amazing! But are we eeally supposes to stir the garlic for 30 minutes?

Jennifer October 6, 2012 at 9:18 am

Gah – no, 30 seconds. Thank you!!

Kristen November 4, 2012 at 7:30 pm

This recipe was soooooooo awesome! I love that it was minimal ingredients and the combination of flavors made it so tasty. I will use this recipe again!

Jennifer November 4, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Wonderful Kristen and Thank You for letting me know!!

Sharlene December 6, 2012 at 11:36 am

Hi! I wondered if anyone knew how almond meal would work in place of the flour in this recipe? I am new to using it?

Jennifer December 6, 2012 at 11:43 am

Hi Sharlene, since they are both so fine, I would expect it to work well although it may impart some subtle flavors that plain flour does not.

Melissa December 8, 2012 at 2:36 pm

This looks super yummy. Think I’d like it better if I pounded the breasts first (much more tender; cooks faster), and I think this seems like it is crying out for a squeeze of lemon, either over the finished chicken or the whole thing? Definitely going to try this — it has all my favorite stuff in it!

Jennifer December 8, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Melissa, the breasts are cut in half so they are already thin but go ahead and try pounding them but be careful to not overcook ad dry them out.

Christopher @ This That and the MBA January 3, 2013 at 7:34 pm

This looks really good. I will have ot have my wife make something like this for us soooon. Do you think pounded chicken breasts makes them any more tender?

Jean February 27, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Just made this tonight. We really enjoyed it. I was easy and quick to make. Tasted Great! and was a hit. We will definitely make this again

Andrea April 16, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Tried this recipe tonight and really enjoyed it! i ended up baking the chicken first and then adding the other ingredients on top after (had some issues with the skillet…and my stove top). Served with quinoa. I will definitely be trying more recipes from this blog!!

Dee July 3, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Pinned a recipe for Greek Chicken, which led me to your blog. So excited to learn about your book and that you are a fellow Rhode Islander! I’ve already requested it from the library (I always try some recipes first before buying), and it looks like I’ll be waiting in line for it!

Your recipes look delicious!

Janine December 17, 2013 at 4:30 am

This recipe is awesome. Making it for the 2nd time tonight :)

Suzanne March 9, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Delicious and… quick and easy to make! I will definitely make this again :)

Jennifer March 10, 2014 at 9:38 am

Happy to hear you tried & enjoyed!

sandy April 27, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Made this last night. Added onions to the spinach olive tomatoes and feta… excellent. Also made spanakopita and tabouli to go with. Excellent!