Shrimp & Feta Cobb Salad: A Healthier Salad In A Jar

by Jennifer on June 14, 2012

Post image for Shrimp & Feta Cobb Salad: A Healthier Salad In A Jar

Summa Summa Summa Time, oh, It’s Summertime! Nothing like a little Will Smith to get you smiling and ready to go for a drive.

The kids started summer vacation yesterday and the first full day was a rainy mess so now that the rain has stopped, we are heading outside.

I am packing up this salad right now as we prepare to head out for the day.

I {heart} Rhody June 14, 2012 at 1:10 pm

This sounds delicious! Can’t wait to try it for lunches at work and on picnics.

Jennifer June 14, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Thank You! How are you? Coming to report more on this area soon?

Jennifer Drummond June 15, 2012 at 7:33 am

I love Mason jars! I use mine everyday! Your salad looks good! I love the combination you used. You have me wanting to pick up some shrimp today!! Have a great weekend!

Debra Kapellakis June 20, 2012 at 6:43 am

That looks refreshing.

Tina June 21, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Does this keep the whole week or would this combo be good the day of only?

Jennifer June 21, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Tina, I would not add the dressing in or the avocado if not eating the same day. I like to put the avocado in with the dressing as it stays fresh looking but may not be such a friendly shade of green if you make it too far ahead of time.

Malena May 6, 2013 at 3:54 pm

I love the idea of this salad in a jar. It’s perfect for having a quick lunch. Just pour it out and you have your perfect salad on your dish. I’ve found that avocado will last a bit longer without turning brown if you add lime to it. Thanks for sharing this recipe :)

Joyce August 8, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I have also tried the 7 layer salad in a jar and loved it, but want to find a better dressing to use that is not so high in calorie. What dressing did you use?