Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna with Mushrooms & Kale

by Jennifer on November 9, 2012

Post image for Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna with Mushrooms & Kale

Dear Moms & Dads,

You can make meals that the family will eat and get in extra nutrients. Yes, you can!

My son hates mushrooms and um, like most, when something green is spotted, the panic sets in however, I sat my son at the kitchen island and said ‘Mister, we are going to make one of your favorite meals but there will be mushrooms & kale in it.’

He said ‘Mom, am I going to like it cause I don’t like mushrooms but I do like lasagna?!’.

I said ‘If you help make it I know it will taste great.’

We had a fun time and we decided to make it an adventure for Mommy by using a slow-cooker to cook and some cottage cheese in my Lasagna for the first time ever….but not the last. I am a new convert!!!

Have you ever tried making Lasagna in a slow-cooker?

Angie @ Losing It and Loving It November 9, 2012 at 2:02 pm

This sounds awesome! I’ll definitely try it. Been trying to find more vegetarian crock pot recipes so this is going on Pinterest lol

Jeanette November 12, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Love how you got your son to eat kale in this lasagna!

Angie @ Losing It and Loving It November 14, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Made this tonight (subbed out kale for spinach) and it was amazing! I am already looking forward to lunch tomorrow.

Jennifer November 15, 2012 at 5:36 am

Hooray!! Thank you so much for trying and sharing.

Lori @ RecipeGirl November 16, 2012 at 2:37 pm

This is gorgeous, Girl! I love me a good slow cooker recipe!!

candice January 14, 2013 at 6:59 pm

I’m going to certainly try this. I love a new slow cooker recipe. Thank you for sharing. Yum!

hillary February 6, 2013 at 11:50 pm

had to comment how much i loved it :) super easy and delish! i was hoping to be able to sub some of the ricotta for something else less fatty but wasn’t sure if i could put more cottage cheese and use less ricotta… hmmmm . thank you!

Kali March 5, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Hi, I recently made this lasagna and loved it!

I have posted to my blog as well with credit to you.

Thanks for sharing!

Linda November 20, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Excellent lasagna!! And in the crockpot … who knew?:) Had to add ground beef for my meat-loving husband, but I would totally love it without. Nice addition of healthy kale. Thank you for this great recipe. It’s a keeper!!