Simmer down now my friends. I know this is far from a traditional Easter Menu item but I am only thinking of you.
You will be working so hard making those fancy side dishes, desserts and basting the ham that I wanted you to have a super fast appetizer to serve your family.
Feel free to use any cheese you want on top such as, feta, goat or even blue cheese.
Now back to those hot cross buns!
Pesto & Roasted Red Pepper Crostini Bites (Yield = 10 but easily multiplied)
Cilantro-Parsley Pesto (or Lemon Artichoke, or pre-made pesto)
A loaf of fresh french bread
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
1/2 crumbled feta or cheese of choice.
1. Prepare the pesto as instructed above or use your favorite from the local store.
2. Place an oven rack about half-way down in the oven and preheat the oven broiler to high.
3. Slice 10 1/2-inch pieces of french bread and place on a baking sheet. Using a basting brush, lightly oil the top side of the bread and broil for about 1 minute or until starting to lightly brown. Watch carefully.
4. Using oven mitts, remove the baking sheet, flip the bread over, oil and broil again as above.
5. Transfer the bread to a serving plate, allow to cool a minute and then top with pesto, roasted red peppers and feta/cheese.